Jennifer Laughran :: JennL@andreabrownlit.com
PO Box 2814
Please refer to my FAQ (below) before contacting me.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Would you be interested in illustrating my book? If you have a publisher, maybe! Please contact my agent Jennifer Laughran with any book related queries: JennL@andreabrownlit.com
- When is your next book coming out? My next book, Backyard Fairies will be published by Knopf in Spring 2018. I'm also illustrating Paper Mice by Megan Wagner Lloyd, which will be published by Simon & Schuster in 2018.
- Do you make custom family portraits/wedding invitations/pieces? Yes, sometimes. Please contact me WELL IN ADVANCE (6 mo.-1 yr.) of your project deadline to see if I'm available: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What medium do you use?
- For my full color illustrations, I do a mix of watercolor painting, collage with found and painted papers, and colored pencil & gouache.
- For my black and white ink drawings, like in my zines, I use ink & brushes, or brush pens, such as this one, by Pentel.
- For my fabric sculptures, I use wool felt and various thrifted and repurposed fabrics, sewn around a wire armature.
- What sketchbooks do you use? I either make my own, or I use Hand Book Journal Co. books.
- Will you come speak at my school/business? Maybe! Contact me for availability: email@example.com
- I own a shop and would like to carry your merchandise, do you sell wholesale? Yes, occasionally:
- If you are would like to carry my collection of letterpress work with Bison Bookbinding & Letterpress, please contact Bison: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you're interested in non-letterpresses cards, prints, zines and other merchandise: email@example.com
- If you're interested in carrying books, please contact the publisher.
- What is Sonya's Chickens about? http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24960945-sonya-s-chickens
- I saw your image "X" in Taproot Magazine, where can I buy a print? If you found it through Taproot, if there is a print it would be in their shop.
- I can't find "X" in your Etsy shop, where can I buy one? If you don't see it in my shop, it's either temporarily sold out or I no longer carry it.
- Do you retail your products at any brick & mortar locations? Yes! You can find my work at Palace, in Portland, OR, Bison Bookbinding & Letterpress in Bellingham, WA, an the Fairhaven Toy Garden in Bellingham, WA.
- Will there be more enamel mugs? Yes, but not necessarily with the same design. I'm trying to decide whether or not to make more of the Flower Maidens design, or to create a new line instead.